Sor[t]ed is here to help you organize your life, plan special events and create lasting memories!

- specifically for you -

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Remember EVERYTHING

Remember everything. is the motto to the website Evernote, and it's true to its word!

It's an online website that allows you to keep notes of just about everything.  Now, for those of you who are thinking "I hate taking notes!", this might change your mind.



This website allows you to save anything you ever want to remember.  And you'll be able to access it from anywhere with internet access: home, work, your iPhone...  Great for people like me who take a lot of notes, but hate carrying around a ton of stuff.  For example, you stumble on a website (HINT: sor[+]!) and see a great tip you want to recall for later...just copy and paste it onto your Evernote account, then recall it when you need it.

And in Evernote, you can then organize your "notes" into various "notebooks".  The website is FREE, unless you want to upgrade.  But for simple daily use, I get enough usage from the free version.

According to this website, you can save
- Your own notes/memos/to-do lists
- Webclips
- Images
- Webcam images
- Voice memos
- PDFs
- Excel Files
- Word Files
- Screenshot (I love this feature, as you can see from all of the screenshots in this blog!)

This year, I used Evernote to make my Christmas gift list for my friends & family.  It's great because anytime I saw a possible gift idea for someone on my list, I just copy and pasted it into my HOLIDAYS notebook, along with images and prices.  This helps me keep track of gifts, and stay within my budget!

My favorite feature is their SEARCH option.  You can find anything you've ever taken notes on just by typing it into search.  Evernote can even search for words within images! So take a WebCam image of any notes, and you'll be able to "search" it later.  (I wish I had this when I was in high school!)

TIP: Reduce clutter by copying or taking images of any receipts, medical records, bills, notes to self, etc...and save it in Evernote.  That way, you can access it from anywhere, and it'll be saved in the database in case there are ever any accidents with the originals.

Othere TIPS from the Evernote website:

No comments:

Post a Comment